This isn't the standard Saturday club ride, but with the road conditions as they are, or may be, some of the club members are intending to ride the route below; subject to cancellation if the roads look dodgy.
Meeting up slightly later at 9am, outside Priory School
There may be a cafe stop near Westhay.
There is also some uncertainty about Pill road heading towards Rooksbridge on the return leg. I believe it should be open, but there are roadworks scheduled along there soon.
The route is 70km, but with option to turn back at Riverbridge to knock 10km off that and also turning back at Mark to reduce the ride to 50km.
I don't want to labour the point, but this is a 'member' ride and not a 'club' ride. Participants need to be happy to ride with whatever road conditions are found.
Max elevation: 66 ft
Min elevation: 4 ft
Total climbing: 489 ft
Total descent: -489 ft
Here is the proposed route for this Saturday's club group ride. I've stuck to better roads to be on the safe side.
Meet up at 8:30am, outside Priory School.
Max elevation: 179 ft
Min elevation: 14 ft
Total climbing: 894 ft
Total descent: -895 ft
Here is the proposed route for this Saturday morning's club group ride.
Meet up at 8:30am, outside Priory School
Please note that the recent wet weather has deposited a lot of water around the area. Although the route is expected to be OK, there is always the possibility of flooding and road closures that we may need to detour around.
Max elevation: 149 ft
Min elevation: 13 ft
Total climbing: 548 ft
Total descent: -548 ft
Wishing all our subscribers and visitors a happy and prosperous 2024 - on and off your bike....
Here is a tentative route suggestion for Saturday morning.
The post has been delayed to see what weather was likely to be turning up at the time of the ride. Earlier in the week the weather forecast was fairly bad, but there may be a window of opportunity if anyone wants to get out.
The current forecast is for a stiff breeze and rain either side of the ride ride timings. Although, there could be a shower anytime tomorrow.
I can't guarantee the participation level, but if anyone is keen to get out, then meet up at 8:30am, outside Priory School.
Personally, I won't be participating. I have the standard winter cold and will give it a miss.
Max elevation: 179 ft
Min elevation: 15 ft
Total climbing: 759 ft
Total descent: -759 ft